- At birth a woman is estimated to have six million oocytes (pre-eggs) in her uterus. She is born with all the oocytes (pre-eggs) she will ever have and by puberty 90 percent of them are gone, vanished, having been absorbed by the body
- Men, on the other hand, produce millions of sperm every day. It takes only one of those millions to impregnate a woman.
- Therefore Adam did not have just one woman taken from his side. He had all the women to whom Eve would give birth taken from his side.
- So for those who say, “If God wanted Adam to have more than one wife then why didn’t God take more than one wife from Adam’s side. The fact is, God took all the wives who would ever live from Adam’s side for once Eve was created with millions of eggs, the women from those eggs were likewise created with millions of eggs. Down to the billions of women on earth today.
- After Eve ate of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, the Lord said to her, “I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children.”
Is there an implication in this verse that Eve had already brought forth children before the fall in an easy manner, maybe as a litter as large as those of the most fertile animals, thirty or more children at once? That question is for another discussion.
Just so you know.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.